On May 5th a person claiming to be a former employee posted a negative review on Glassdoor. Glassdoor is a site for both current and former employees to rate and review their company. If this review is accurate is shows some deeper issues:
1. Terrible customer service after sale: The are countless complaints from non-profits claiming that numerous emails and phone calls are never returned. When the calls are finally returned they are told several excuses.
- Hurrican Sandy caused cancellations of several East Coast Conferences
- Manager in the hospital – the month of April 2013 only
- Internal fraud investigation – Over $500,000 missing is a lot of fraud
- Accounting told me the checks were issued
2. Bad reputation in the marketplace: Acteva’s negative reputation is posted and documented online on several sites. We have documented several of those complaints on this site and on our Twitter, FB and Flickr accounts.
3. operations/finance totally mismanaged: Seems very plausible There are several non-profits claiming to be owed money after using Acteva’s event management system. If Acteva has taken in as much money as is being claimed, it was grossly mismanaged.
4. Employees are not getting their salaries. They are working here with out salary. If this is true, this is just sad. This gives a huge insight of things to come.
5. Company having fund problem: This is apparent from all of the stories of non-profits claiming to be owed money.
We have heard from several non-profits that they have begun receiving weekly checks. The checks have been around 10% of the original balance owed. Its sounds like they are extremely fortunate to be getting some money at all.
If you are a non-profit and are owed money from Acteva, contact us ASAP so we can assist you and provide you the necessary steps to take so you can attempt to collect your money.